Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Hello!  I am linking up to WIP Wednesday with Freshly Pieced!



I have been wanting to make a Thanksgiving table runner for a long time, but every time I was looking for fabric it was too "Thanksgivingy".  I wanted it to say Thanksgiving, but not scream Thanksgiving.  Does that make sense?

Last year, while visiting my great friend Alethea, I found an awesome vintage turkey fabric!  It was a little colonial for my taste, but I couldn't resist it!  I decided to use a very small piece of it and use fabrics that were not specifically for Thanksgiving.  This is the table runner so far:


Here is a detail of the vintage turkey fabric with some purple hand stitching details:


And the turkey star:


These flying geese are just pinned down, I haven't sewn them:


Here is another close up of some hand sticking that I have added:


I can't wait to finish this runner and get it on my dining room table for Thanksgiving!!!











1 comment: