Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Hello and welcome to my very first entry into Blogger's Quilt Festival, hosted by Amy at Amy's Creative Side!



For my entry, I chose a quilt that I titled "The Passage of Time":


There are several elements of this quilt that appear decorative, but I also chose them for their cultural significance or symbolism.

This quilt was made using Dream Chair Quilts by my great friend, Alethea Ballard.  You can visit her website by clicking here.  She makes really stunning quilts that are truly ART.



I have also included photos of some of the details of the quilt:








Quilt Measurements: 39" x 37"
Special Techniques: Raw edge appliqué
Quilted By: Me!
Best Category: Art Quilt, Wall Hanging

I hope you all enjoy the Blogger's Quilt Festival!  Be sure to check all of the exciting entries - they really are inspirational!!!










5 comments:

  1. Fabulous. Stunning. Nice job. I have a quilt block (WIP) with chairs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a terrific quilt- love the bright colors and the personal fabric choices.

    Come see my entry #46 Batik Tulips
    applique, hand quilt, wall hanging

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute quilt. I love all the details! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete