Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

A Kindle Pouch For One Of My Favorite People

It's no secret that I adore my husband's family.  One of my favorite people in the whole world is my husband's grandfather "Grandaddy".  Every year on Labor Day weekend, we have a birthday party for Grandaddy.  This year is no exception, but perhaps a bigger party because he will be turning 90!  This is a photo of us earlier this year:





Isn't he the cutest??? In addition to being cute, he is a voracious reader.  A few years ago for Christmas, my in-laws gave him a Kindle.  He uses his Kindle almost everyday, but has never had a cover or bag for it.  So, this year for his birthday, I made him a Kindle Pouch:


He loves birds as much as he loves reading, so I thought I would combine the two with those cute Alexander Henry owls!  Here is a better view of the front:



And the lining is a great Denyse Schmidt print from JoAnn's:


I just love the way this turned out, and hope he does too!  Happy Birthday Grandaddy!

I hope you all have a fun Labor Day weekend!!!

1 comment: